Monday, June 25, 2007

Things are gonna change around here

I'm starting to get a little pissed off at some of my senior guys. I don't generally believe in micro-managing like that Jobs dork. We pay these guys well, and I want them to feel like they own their respective businesses. But maybe I've given them too much leeway. Case in point, Yusuf Mehdi. Raikes flips me a 911 last week with this link showing year over year search results [I think he's secretly lobbying to take over that area too. Between you and me, he isn't going to get it]. So I read this article and I am l-i-v-i-d. It's a good thing the chairs in my office are all screwed down now. Anyway, I try to round up the two dozen or so senior executives involved in search and advertising for a major strategy telecon, but no one can find Mehdi. You think maybe he's busy plotting how to take maximum advantage of our six billion dollar aQuantive deal? No, he's hobnobbing in Cannes for Christ's sake. Can you freakin believe this? I'm getting raked over the coals here. Meanwhile he's on the Cote D'Azur, watching French babes sunbathe topless, while sipping champagne and eating hors d'oeuvres - whatever that is. I'm telling you, there are gonna be some changes around here. No more Mr. Nice guy. Look for a few of the Fat Cats to get docked fifty thousand shares or so on the upcoming grants. That's how serious I am about instilling some goddamned accountability around here. And Mehdi, when you get back, you're first on my shitlist.

No comments: